Beacon Health Options is strongly committed to our members, clients and providers to ensure that mental health needs are being met during this stressful time.
We recognize that many of our members and providers are being encouraged or mandated to stay at home in order to prevent community spread of coronavirus. When clinically appropriate, telehealth can be an effective way for members to begin or continue their care through a mental health provider safely from their homes via phone, tablet or computer-enabled web cam.
The policy changes contained in these documents are intended to apply to most of our members and plans and offer general guidance only. Not all health plans have adopted the leniencies we describe (especially with respect to certain commercial, Medicaid and employer plans). If you are unsure of coverage please contact the National Provider Service Line at 800-397-1630.
Please note that since this is a rapidly evolving situation, any new state and federal mandates will override any guidance we have provided.
- Delivering substance use disorder care via telehealth – video | powerpoint
- Compassion fatigue for providers and clinicians – video | powerpoint
- Effective management of a remote team webinar – video | powerpoint
- Telehealth for IOP and PHP – video | powerpoint
- Exploring wellbeing in a pandemic – video | powerpoint
- Crisis planning utilizing telehealth: Managing risk – video | powerpoint
- Provider FAQs: IOP & telehealth
- Provider FAQs: PHP & telehealth
- ABA/COVID-19 FAQs
- Business support FAQs for providers
- Coronavirus general and mental health FAQs
- Telehealth 101: What you need to know to get started – video | powerpoint
- CMS expands Medicare codes
- Beacon Health Options partners with Psych Hub to develop COVID-19 resource hub
- Triaging referrals to prioritize access – video | powerpoint
- Stress-related conditions in healthcare workers and first responders – video | powerpoint
- Healthcare workers – Taking it day by day – video | powerpoint
- Tips for housebound families
- Finding coronavirus media coverage overwhelming?
- Social distancing for the social animal
- How to navigate anxiety caused by coronavirus
- How to help children navigate anxiety caused by coronavirus