One of the biggest challenges our country faces today is the damage that opioid addiction inflicts on individuals, their families and in the communities where they live. It is a problem that Beacon is working hard to address on a number of fronts. To learn more about one of our efforts, read our white paper, Confronting the Crisis of Opioid Addiction.
In the News
Below are recent articles from around the country about the opioid epidemic.
- In Miami’s overdose ‘hot zone,’ the heroin toll skyrockets
- Kaiser Health News: Delivered ‘Like A Pizza’: Why Killer Drug Fentanyl Is So Hard To Stop
- NPR: Deaths Involving Fentanyl Keep Climbing
- The Washington Post: Her Daughter ‘Died’ From An Opioid Overdose. And Then ‘She Was Back.’
- The Washington Post: Virginia Declares Opioid Emergency, Makes Antidote Available To All
- A Peer Recovery Coach Walks the Frontlines of the Opioid Epidemic
The articles above represent news from around the country and do not necessarily reflect Beacon’s position on a specific issue discussed in any individual news piece, editorial or commentary.
If you or someone you know has a problem with drugs
- For Teens and Young Adults
- For Adults
- Your Teen or Young Adult
- Your Adult Friend or Loved One
- Chasing the Dragon: The Life of An Opiate Addict
- What Is Heroin, and Why Is It Addictive?
- Pregnancy and Opioid Pain Medications
- Treatment Options
- Opioid Treatment Physician Locator
- Opioid Treatment Program Directory
- Selecting a Treatment Program
- Health Care Treatments for Pain Management
- Self-Help Groups
- Opioid Overdose Toolkit
- Family Checkup: Positive Parenting Prevents Drug Abuse
- Promoting Safer and More Effective Pain Management
- CDC Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain
- Learning the New Substance Use Language
Learn more about your benefits
If you are a member, you can learn more about your specific plan benefits by accessing the “Members” menu on this site. You will then be guided through the process for selecting your plan information.
If you are not a member, please contact your health insurance plan to learn more about your plan benefits and how to access them.