One of the biggest challenges our country faces today is the damage that opioid addiction inflicts on individuals, their families and in the communities where they live. It is a problem that Beacon is working hard to address on a number of fronts. To learn more about one of our efforts, read our white paper, Confronting the Crisis of Opioid Addiction.
In the News
Below are recent articles from around the country about the opioid epidemic.
- Solving The Opioid Crisis Requires Listening To Those In Recovery
- Courts That Save Opioid Victims’ Family Life
- Short Answers to Hard Questions About the Opioid Crisis
- Do family members have a right to know when a loved one overdoses on opioids?
- Drug Deaths in America are Rising Faster than Ever
- A Peer Recovery Coach Walks the Frontlines of the Opioid Epidemic
The articles above represent news from around the country and do not necessarily reflect Beacon’s position on a specific issue discussed in any individual news piece, editorial or commentary.
If you or someone you know has a problem with drugs
- For Teens and Young Adults
- For Adults
- Your Teen or Young Adult
- Your Adult Friend or Loved One
- Chasing the Dragon: The Life of An Opiate Addict
- Pregnancy and Opioid Pain Medications
- Why are Opioids, Heroin and Pain Medications Dangerous?
- Signs of Heroin and Prescription Opioid Misuse
- Treatment Options
- Opioid Treatment Physician Locator
- Opioid Treatment Program Directory
- Selecting a Treatment Program
- Health Care Treatments for Pain Management
- Health Care Treatments for Heroin and Opioid Misuse
- Self-Help Groups
- Opioid Overdose Toolkit
- Family Checkup: Positive Parenting Prevents Drug Abuse
- Promoting Safer and More Effective Pain Management
- CDC Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain
- Learning the New Substance Use Language
Learn more about your benefits
If you are a member, you can learn more about your specific plan benefits by accessing the “Members” menu on this site. You will then be guided through the process for selecting your plan information.
If you are not a member, please contact your health insurance plan to learn more about your plan benefits and how to access them.