Clinical Performance Improvement Resources: HEDIS®
The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) develops and maintains a set of performance measures in the managed care industry referred to as Healthcare Effectiveness Data Information Set (HEDIS). These measures allow consumers to compare health plan performance to national or regional benchmarks. Several HEDIS measures relate to behavioral health, and to assist providers with improving member outcomes, Beacon is offering the following education materials.
HEDIS Tip Sheets
- Adherence to Antipsychotic Medications for Individuals with Schizophrenia
- Antidepressant Medication Management Measure
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Measure
- Follow-up After Hospitalization for Mental Illness Measure
- Initiation and Engagement of Alcohol and Other Drug Dependence Treatment Measure
- Treating Patients with Depression Using Coordinated Medication Management – Slides
- Treating Patients with Depression Using Coordinated Medication Management – Recording
In the below webinar, Beacon’s Quality Management department provides an in-depth look at HEDIS and discusses interventions that support HEDIS activities and measures. CEUs are available for providers who review the below HEDIS slides and recording, and then submit the Beacon Course Evaluation Form before July 10, 2019. For additional information about licensure types eligible for CEUs, please visit Commonwealth Educational Seminars.
- 2018 HEDIS Behavioral Health Measures – Slides
- 2018 HEDIS Behavioral Health Measures – Recording
- Beacon Course Evaluation Form
Metabolic Syndrome Monitoring
- Recommended Monitoring for Patients Taking Second Generation Antipsychotics (SGAs)
- Metabolic Monitoring Form (1)
- Metabolic Monitoring Form (2) Blank
- Improving Monitoring for Metabolic Syndrome for Members Taking Antipsychotic Medications
HEDIS is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).