Clinical Performance Improvement Resources: HEDIS®
The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) develops and maintains a set of performance measures in the managed care industry referred to as Healthcare Effectiveness Data Information Set (HEDIS). These measures allow consumers to compare health plan performance to national or regional benchmarks. Several HEDIS measures relate to behavioral health, and to assist providers with improving member outcomes, Beacon is offering the following education materials.
HEDIS Tip Sheets
- Adherence to Antipsychotic Medications for Individuals with Schizophrenia
- Antidepressant Medication Management Measure
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Measure
- Follow-up After Hospitalization for Mental Illness Measure
- Initiation and Engagement of Alcohol and Other Drug Dependence Treatment Measure
- Treating Patients with Depression Using Coordinated Medication Management – Slides
- Treating Patients with Depression Using Coordinated Medication Management – Recording
- PCP Toolkit Webinar – Slides
- PCP Toolkit Webinar – Recording
In the below webinar, Beacon’s Quality Management department provides an in-depth look at HEDIS and discusses interventions that support HEDIS activities and measures. Note: Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are no longer available for taking this training.
Metabolic Syndrome Monitoring
- Recommended Monitoring for Patients Taking Second Generation Antipsychotics (SGAs)
- Metabolic Monitoring Form (1)
- Metabolic Monitoring Form (2) Blank
- Improving Monitoring for Metabolic Syndrome for Members Taking Antipsychotic Medications
- Geriatric Depression Webinar
- Geratric Depression Webinar Slides
- Geriatric Depression Resource Tipsheet
HEDIS is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).