Horizon Behavioral Health Archive:
Horizon NJ Health Archive:
ABA Providers Archive:
Changes to the Management of the Horizon Behavioral Health Program
New Information Posted: Changes to the Management of the Horizon Behavioral HealthSM Program
New information related to the transition of the management of the Horizon Behavioral HealthSM Program, including:
- Credentialing new behavioral health professionals and ancillary facilities on and after October 1, 2019.
- Initiating/requesting updates to provider demographic information on and after October 1, 2019.
- The medical necessity criteria that will be used to make utilization management determinations for behavioral health services beginning January 1, 2020.
Important Documents & Links
- Member Rights and Responsibilities
- Quality Management/Utilization Management/Care and Benefits
- Quick Reference Guide for Horizon Behavioral Health Providers (QRG)
- Horizon Behavioral Health Program Provider Treatment Record Review
- Horizon NJ Health Website
NJ State Medicaid Behavioral Health Changes – October 1, 2018
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – Medicaid MCOs Managing Acute-Psychiatric Care
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – Changes to Horizon NJ Health’s Managed Medicaid Behavioral Health Services
- Guidelines for Psychiatric Continued Stays and Admissions
- Provider Training: New Benefits effective 10/1/2018 – Slides
- Provider Training: New Benefits effective 10/1/2018 – Recording