Mainstreaming Behavioral and Mental Health Services
Addressing the Accessibility Crisis Head-on
Many people still do not have access to evidence-based care for common behavioral and mental health issues. While there has been progress in reducing stigma associated with seeking care for anxiety, depression or stress, there is still a long way to go.
The mission of Beacon Care Services, a Beacon Health Options company, is to help people live their lives to the fullest potential. We operate in community retail settings for improved access to convenient, affordable behavioral health services.
Meeting People Where They Are
Beacon Care Services has licensed clinical social workers and trained counselors in convenient and accessible locations, such as retail stores. Individuals with common behavioral health issues, such as depression, anxiety, grief, troubled relationships and more, can get the help they need when and where they need it. The first Beacon Care Services practice is located in the Walmart Care Clinic in Carrollton, Texas.
We’re also pleased to be the first – and only – behavioral health services company to partner with Walmart on their first Walmart Health center. To learn more and schedule an appointment, visit www.walmart.com/health.
Our clinicians provide compassionate care – in-person or through online visits – that addresses an individual’s unique needs by:
- Being person-centered. We start and end with what our clients want for better health. We see individuals as experts on their own lives. Our job is to listen to their needs and help direct them to the right resources.
- Following evidence-based practices. We hold ourselves accountable to deliver the best available treatment backed by scientific evidence. Beacon continually monitors the latest research and trains our staff with this information.
- Focusing on integrated health. We recognize the importance of “whole person/whole health” and work with different types of providers who can treat all aspects of a person’s wellbeing. We assess health and life factors to identify and address both the obvious and less obvious issues.
- Aiming for quick access to effective care. We work to provide a quick response to every request. We respond to care requests on the next business day. Further, we allow individuals to access care in a way that fits into their busy lives; appointments can be booked online or by walking in to the store-based location. If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
- Providing personalized treatment. We work with the individual to develop a treatment plan that includes personalized goals and objectives to reach recovery. The plan’s strategies consider an individual’s way of life to help that person better meet his/her goals.
Our Aim—Better, Timelier Care
By improving access to care, people can address their behavioral health and wellness concerns before they turn into bigger, more serious problems. The comprehensive and personalized treatment plans result in care that works, which in turn leads to happier, more meaningful lives.
Learn more at the Beacon Care Services website.