Our company’s accreditations are evidence of our standards of excellence. Delivery of quality care and exceptional results has consistently earned us national accreditations.
Beacon Health Options, Inc., and Beacon Health Strategies, LLC hold Full Accreditations as a Managed Behavioral Health Organization from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). The accreditations include the following Beacon Engagement and Service Centers:
- MBHP Engagement Center through May 23, 2021 for the Medicaid line of business
- Michigan Engagement Center through September 21, 2021 for Commercial, Medicaid, Medicare and Marketplace lines of business
- Latham, NY Service Center through November 13, 2020 for Commercial, Medicaid, Medicare and Marketplace lines of business
- Beacon Health Strategies LLC through November 14, 2021 for Commercial, Medicaid, Medicare and Marketplace lines of business
Full accreditation is granted for a period of three years to those plans that meet NCQA’s rigorous standards for continuous quality improvement.
Beacon Health Options, Inc., is accredited by URAC for health utilization management. The accreditation includes the following engagement centers:
- Michigan Engagement Center through March 1, 2019 for its Employer line of business
- New York City Engagement Center through March 1, 2019 for the Emblem/GHI line of business
- North Carolina Engagement Center through March 1, 2019 for its Employer line of business
Finally, both Beacon Health Options, Inc., and Beacon Health Strategies, LLC hold a Quality Improvement Organization (QIO)-like designation from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Both NCQA and URAC accreditations are testaments to our commitment of providing quality care that furthers our vision of helping people lead healthier lives.
WHAT IS THE NATIONAL COMMITTEE FOR QUALITY ASSURANCE (NCQA)?
NCQA is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. NCQA accredits and certifies a wide range of health care organizations. It also recognizes clinicians and practices in key areas of performance. NCQA’s website (www.ncqa.org) contains information to help consumers, employers, and others make more informed health care choices.
WHAT IS URAC?
Founded in 1990, URAC is the independent leader in promoting health care quality through leadership, accreditation, measurement and innovation. URAC is a nonprofit organization using evidence-based measures and developing standards through inclusive engagement with a range of stakeholders committed to improving the quality of health care. Its portfolio of accreditation and certification programs span the health care industry, addressing health care management, health care operations, health plans, pharmacies, telehealth providers, physician practices, and more. URAC accreditation is a symbol of excellence for organizations to showcase their validated commitment to quality and accountability.
WHAT IS A QIO-LIKE DESIGNATION?
A QIO is: “an organization, staffed by professionals, mostly doctors and other health care professionals, who are trained to review medical care and help beneficiaries with complaints about the quality of care and to implement improvements in the quality of care available throughout the spectrum of care.”