The content provided below applies only to providers participating in the Horizon Behavioral Health network. Any content on the general website that differs from the information provided below shall be superseded by the content on this page with respect to providers participating in the Horizon Behavioral Health network.
Horizon Behavioral Health provides the following services to Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (BCBSNJ) Managed Care and PPO providers:
- Network Management
- Credentialing and Recredentialing
- Utilization Management
- Provider and Member Complaints and Appeals
- Care Coordination and Case Management Programs
- Customer Service
- Quality Improvement
Providers interested in participating with Horizon Behavioral Health can call (800) 397-1630.
Claims Mailing Addresses
Although paper claims are accepted, physicians, other health care professionals, and facilities are strongly encouraged to submit claims electronically.
- Please visit HorizonBlue.com/Providers for more information about electronic claim submission options.
|Horizon Behavioral Health
PO Box 10191
Newark, NJ 07101-3189
|PO Box 656
Newark, NJ 07101-0656
|PO Box 1301
Neptune, NJ 07754-1301
- Horizon Behavioral Health Provider Frequently Asked Questions
- Resource Guide for the Horizon Behavioral Health Program
- Quick Reference Guide for Horizon Behavioral Health Providers
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey Code of Conduct
- Member Rights and Responsibilities
- Quality Management/Utilization Management Program Description
- Provider Treatment Record Review – Q&A for Horizon Behavioral Health
- Behavioral Health Fee Changes Frequently Asked Questions
Changes to the Management of the Horizon Behavioral Health Program
New Information Posted: Changes to the Management of the Horizon Behavioral HealthSM Program
New information related to the transition of the management of the Horizon Behavioral HealthSM Program, including:
- Credentialing new behavioral health professionals and ancillary facilities on and after October 1, 2019.
- Initiating/requesting updates to provider demographic information on and after October 1, 2019.
- The medical necessity criteria that will be used to make utilization management determinations for behavioral health services beginning January 1, 2020.
Forms and Other Links
- The New Jersey Substance Use Disorder: Provider Resources
- Discharge Review Form
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield New Jersey Website
- Horizon Psychological and Neuropsychological Assessment Supplemental Form
- Provider Relations, Credentialing, and Contracting Questions:
- (800) 397-1630 (8 a.m.–8 p.m. ET, Monday–Friday)
- Authorizations, Care Management, Complaints/Appeals, Claims, and/or General Inquiries:
- (800) 626-2212 or (800) 991-5579 (for NJ State Health Benefits Program)
- EDI Help Desk
- (888) 247-9311 (8 a.m.–6 p.m. ET, Monday–Friday)
- (888) 482-8057 or Navinet.net