Beacon Health Options is strongly committed to our members, clients and providers to ensure that mental health needs are being met during this stressful time.
We recognize that many of our members and providers are being encouraged or mandated to stay at home in order to prevent community spread of coronavirus. When clinically appropriate, telehealth can be an effective way for members to receive care through a mental health provider safely from their homes via phone, tablet or computer-enabled web cam.
During this time of public health emergency, in order to begin or ensure access to care for our members we will waive cost sharing for routine outpatient telehealth services. Please note that since this is a rapidly evolving situation, any new state and federal mandates will override any guidance we provided below. We have done our best to provide you with the most recent information, however, since this is an evolving situation, we ask that you check back often for updates and additions to this document.
- Returning to new normal – video | powerpoint
- Preparing mentally for lift of COVID-19 restrictions
- Nervous about the new normal? Manage its risk.
- Addiction recovery in a time of isolation
- Communication for healthcare workers during COVID-19 – video | powerpoint
- Exploring wellbeing in a pandemic – video | powerpoint
- Perspective – You’re not alone
- Working from home for parents (mp4)
- Staying social during social distancing (mp4)
- Tips for handling a quarantine (mp4)
- Perspective – Isolation housing and the homeless
- What to do to prevent a mental health crisis
- How to manage a mental health crisis
- How to help someone in a mental health crisis
- Practical advice from Beacon leaders
- Healthcare workers: You have the power to manage COVID-19
- Seven steps to maintaining resiliency during COVID-19 stress
- Member FAQs: COVID-19
- Coronavirus general & mental health FAQs
- What to do before and during a pandemic
- COVID-19 and its financial impact on you
- Beacon Health Options partners with Psych Hub to develop COVID-19 resource hub
- Suicide identification and prevention – video | powerpoint
- Healthcare workers – Taking it day by day – video | powerpoint
- Tips for housebound families
- Finding coronavirus media coverage overwhelming?
- Social distancing for the social animal
- How to navigate anxiety caused by coronavirus
- How to help children navigate anxiety caused by coronavirus
- Coping with stress during infectious outbreaks
- Children and COVID-19 – How to keep children healthy and happy (mp4)
- Living in uncertain times (mp4)
- Thinking traps (mp4)
- The intersection of uncertainty and parenting: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) (mp4)
- Conquering fear & anxiety (mp4)